Sunday, April 11, 2010

Our Compilation of Unforgettable Quotes from Spring Break '10

We did a lot of laughing on our spring break trip. So we decided to record some of the funniest, silliest, and yes, sometimes unintelligent, quotes from the trip:

"I hope this isn't some national icon." --Kaitlin, as we took pictures sitting on the lap of a statue of a chubby old man

"Nutcracker Haussss" --Megan

"Sorry--it's probably hard to watch with my camera dancing." --Kaitlin

"The ruins...the last time that Cologne was fun." --Megan

"It is an emergency--a crime against myself. Cannibalism--my stomach is eating itself." --Kaitlin, when we waited too long to get her some lunch

"He's a stud without his classes and his wheelchair." --Kaitlin

"He was like a rapist Grinch--his smile just got bigger and bigger." --Me

"We should ask them. I be they smushed Teddy Grahams in it." --referring to the unknown spread at breakfast in Brussels

"I want that waffle--that one--right thuuurrr!" --Megan

"Is that one of the Marx brothers?" --Me

"Don't get on the first thing that moves..."

"I thought you just asked if Anne Frank would like to live here." --Kaitlin to Maura in the park in Brussels by the Arc de Triomphe

"We are at a linguistic disadvantage." --my realization in Kolner Dom

"Why is the Mexican in German?" --Kaitlin

"In ze Church? NooooO!" --priest in Kolner Dom, after we asked him where the bathroom was

"I believe the question was: is that poop?" --me

"Riech striche straab schtick sauerkraut." --Kaitlin's German imitation

"Do you guys want to go?" --Maura
"Well, we paid 20 cents for the map..." --Kaitlin

"What do you recommend we see here?" --Me, to the Tourism Information desk guy in Cologne
"Turn around..." (Kolner Dom was behind me...and we'd already been there, done that.)

At the cemetery in Vienna:
"Is that the smell of..." --Me
"Death? No, just seweage." --Kaitlin

"This is fun to play in." --Kaitlin, in the Cologne to Prague couchette

"It's ok guys, there's a whistle. I'll probably get herpes because it isn't clean, but I'll blow it." --Kaitlin, preparing for potential intruders on our overnight trains

"I really want them to stamp my passport." --Kaitlin
"I know! They don't even care who travels...Bin Laden could be in the couchette next door!" --Me

"If I had a throne, I'd want it to be a recliner." --Me

"We jigged in a castle...no big deal." --Kaitlin

"He can't have a Facebook. He's dead." --Me, astutely clearing up the mystery about John Lennon's Facebook status

"I was blessed with not being a picky eater...although there are a lot of things I don't like." --Kaitlin

"What's the protocol for fainting at the opera?" --Kaitlin

"There's a lot of desolate women here." --Kaitlin, at the cemetery in Vienna

"Carpet the stomach"--the Brussels philosophy on filling up on waffles, chocolate, and fries before a night out of drinking cherry beer (we happily complied)

"Ambiguous vegetable with ambiguous topping that might be sour cream, and dill--definitely dill." --Kaitlin, describing the miscellaneous vegetable I accidentally ordered at the winery in Vienna

"His weirdo friend came, who was super weird." --Kaitlin

"Look at you, speaking Czech!"

"We are off the map." --Me

"But it's tradition--you must take the shot before dinner!"--waiter at our restaurant in Prague

"You're from the United States of America. You have proud to be an American stamped across your forehead!"--man outside the Cathedral in Vienna, to me

"Auf wiedersen? Thank you, Project Runway." --Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment