Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Covent Garden

My new favorite place in the city is Covent Garden, one of the many amazing markets that London has to offer. Kaitlin and Megan and I went on Sunday. I almost stayed behind to do some reading, but I figured that I better go out and take in all that London has to offer while I have the chance...so that reading still has yet to be done. But Covent Garden was more than worth it!

I crossed over Drury Lane on the way there, but sadly enough, did not have an sitings of the Muffin Man, ;)

The market itself was bustling, full of shops and resturants and street performers. We heard two amazing opera singers and an awesome string band that played some great classical songs. All the shops were great, but I had a few favorites: all of the stands with beautiful scarves, one that had hand-carved wooden pens, one that had beautiful London prints for sale (I'm definitely going back to get one for my room!), and some of the cutesy, girly stores in the center of the market. I also stopped in Candycakes, a cupcake place, and pretty much decided that if I die and go to heaven, it will look like that store. The walls were mint green and the lighting was pink. And the display cases were filled with cupcakes with glittery frosting, cookies, cakes, and there was also ice cream and milkshakes. We stopped and and had tea at a cute little place called Ella's, too. And we also made plans to go back and get Nutella crepes from Creme de la Crepe, another of the really cute shops there.
The name of that store pretty much sums up the entire place: a little cutesy, but also wonderful (and probably delicious, in the case of the crepes). And a cutesy and wonderful combo is right up my alley!

No comments:

Post a Comment