Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Adventures



Yes, this blog is named after the Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen movie. It's a cinematic gem and if you haven't seen it, you should. It's everything I want my semester abroad to be and more. British lords, sword fights in the Globe theater, plaid pants, attempts to make the Buckingham Palace guards laugh with silly jokes, and trumpet music playing in the background the whole time. If this means nothing to you and you have ten minutes and thirty seconds to spare:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB1i9MUg7Nw&feature=related.

Ok, so maybe this was my vision of a semester abroad when I was about ten years old. At 21, I've got bigger plans for my European adventure (and hopefully cuter pants). There are places to see, people to learn about, and a completely new culture to immerse myself in. Although I suppose I wouldn't complain if there was a cool trumpet soundtrack playing in the background.

I'm thinking that my motto for this semester will be "Go with the flow." I'm not really sure what to expect, but whatever comes my way, I'm ready. And open. What better way to have an adventure?

Although, at the moment, my adventure is the pile of clothes on my bed that somehow needs to fit in my suitcases by Wednesday morning, when I head across the pond!

No comments:

Post a Comment